Our 2017 in Review
Our clients didn't receive fruit baskets or branded flashlights this year. None of you got an e-card. But here at Mullen P.C. our merry band worked right up 'til the champagne popped this New Year's Eve to deliver impact and results for our clients in litigation, arbitration, governance and compliance matters.
Some we can't talk about. But some we can:
- We kicked January off right with aggressive counterclaims against a Lanham Act bully, resulting in a quick and favorable settlement of trademark claims for our US client and its overseas partners.
- March saw us dismantling putative class action claims against our client, a New York e-health provider, following favorable rulings on contested discovery matters.
- In June, for another client -- not a woman to be crossed -- we wrung a life-altering settlement from the attorneys who botched her case and then lied to her about their misconduct.
- November had us take up the defensive mantle for two firms accused of mishandling data breach. In the same month we launched two plaintiff's-side breach actions, against a credit bureau and a law firm, for concrete informational harms caused to our clients as a result of provably unlawful information hygiene.
- Just last week, Judge Rakoff handed our client a sweeping victory -- against a national firm representing a multinational corporate adversary -- on a preliminary injunction motion.
And so on. And so onward -- and upward -- for 2018!
From all of us at Mullen P.C., we wish you peace, good counsel, and access to Justice in the New Year.