Wes Mullen is an experienced corporate advisor, litigator, and privacy attorney.
His practice involves a wide range of civil matters, with a focus on information law and data privacy issues. He regularly appears before courts and regulatory agencies in New York and elsewhere.
Mr. Mullen began his career at Davis Polk, where he was an associate in the corporate and litigation departments. He defended financial and pharmaceutical industry clients in multi-state private class action litigation, as well as in defense of claims brought by a consortium of state Attorneys General. He also represented clients in a variety of anti-moneylaundering (AML) and fraud related internal investigations and regulatory matters.
Later, at the magic circle firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Mr. Mullen appeared for non-US corporate clients in complex antitrust and consumer matters in courts across the U.S. He also advised cross-border M&A teams on the deal impact of U.S. law issues.
Mullen P.C.'s pro bono practice represents nonprofit organizations in registration, corporate governance, and risk management.
Representative matters include:
- Privacy counsel advising operations and in-house privacy personnel on privacy program implementation, compliance, and privacy by design
- Outside general counsel to software publishers, app developers, cybersecurity service providers, and technology companies
- Litigation counsel to clients prosecuting and defending commercial disputes:
- Breach of contract and workout negotiation
- Trade secret and non-compete clause litigation
- Federal trademark and copyright defense
- Employment litigation (including FLSA class actions)
- Confidential counsel to managing members and directors of a family-owned business on sensitive personal and corporate matters
JD, Harvard Law School
BA, University of Pennsylvania
Choate Rosemary Hall
Mr. Mullen maintains an active LinkedIn profile.